BREAKING DOWN BARRIERS TO HEALTH CARE FOR WOMEN WITH DISABILITIES
December 6, 2004, 9 a.m. – 12 noon Eastern Time
The Office on Disability and the Office on Women's Health at the U. S. Department of Health and Human Services, in partnership with the Interagency Committee on Disability Research at the U.S. Department of Education invite you to participate in a live webcast of a national summit, “Breaking Down Barriers to Health Care for Women with Disabilities ” on December 6, 2004 from 9 a.m. to 12 noon Eastern Time.
The summit will highlight the many challenges facing women with disabilities in obtaining appropriate healthcare, and will explore ways that health professionals and facilities can overcome these barriers to provide the best possible care. National experts will outline programs and paradigms that have been successful in improving access to care for people with disabilities, including projects that focus on educating health care professionals about these issues. The meeting's outcome will be a white paper identifying recommended actions in addressing the health care challenges faced by women with disabilities. The white paper will be available on www.hhs.gov/od following the summit.
Through the live webcast you will have the opportunity to view (with captioning) and hear the day's discussions, and participate live via email by sending in your comments and questions.
To join the webcast, click on “Play Webcast with Real Player” or “Play Webcast with Windows Media Player” during the webcast hours.
- Email your questions during the webcast to email@example.com
- Click on the Agenda to view more details about the schedule for the webcast, as well as biographical information on the speakers and supporting documents for their presentations.
- Please be aware that the webcast requires software to support streaming media, such as Real Player or Window's Media Player version 7.1 or higher and 220 Kbps LAN or 56 Kbps dial-up bandwidth. You may download and install this software free of charge at http://videocast.nih.gov, www.real.com, or http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/default.aspx
- If you experience technical difficulties before or during the webcast, click on “Technical Support” and you will access information and a phone number for further assistance.
- After the webcast, please help us evaluate the meeting by clicking on “Feedback” and completing the evaluation form.
For further information on the webcast and the summit, please contact: